Wintec’s Centre for Health and Social Practice is seeking a highly motivated and experienced physiotherapy educator interested in contributing to the delivery of a new Bachelor of Physiotherapy (with Honours) programme within New Zealand.
If you value working collaboratively with others in a dynamic environment, delivering education and research for community benefit, and are passionate about contributing to our future physiotherapy workforce, then we are keen to hear from you.
About the centre/programme:
- The Centre has a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Our programmes are underpinned by an experiential approach to learning, which links work, education, and personal and professional development
- Importance is placed on ensuring our graduates are work ready and well prepared to gain employment or enhance and extend employment opportunities
- We are committed to increasing the number of Māori and Pasifika physiotherapists, and developing a graduate profile that is both culturally responsive, and keen to support rural communities in Aotearoa/New Zealand
You would be responsible for leading the day-to-day academic delivery including the development of physiotherapy teaching resources, and relevant research programmes. Not only would you keep abreast of the latest information and technology, this position will require extensive knowledge and experience of physiotherapy curriculum building, experience with the Moodle platform and education.
This is a permanent role @ 0.8FTE, although this can be negotiable for the ideal candidate.
Are you the ideal candidate?
Our positions require knowledge and experience of physiotherapy curriculum building, and education.
We are seeking expressions of interest from people who are passionate about physiotherapy education and have the following:
- Current Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand registration (or eligibility to register)
- Experience and knowledge in the Neurological/Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy sector and use of the Moodle platform is desired
- Relevant Masters or Doctorate qualification in subject related discipline/s
- Understanding of culture, identity and learning in New Zealand
- Significant and recent physiotherapy practice and/or educational experience
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Te Reo Māori would be an advantage
Working at Wintec
Wintec continues to be one of the leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. You’d be supported to stay industry connected and have generous opportunities to develop your career through the professional development opportunities available to you.
Contact the Centre for Health and Social Practice and take the next exciting step in your career. Lead changes shape the world at Wintec – register your interest now!
Education is changing and Wintec is changing with it, so our students can find success in a world that’s moving faster than ever before. At Wintec we nurture and guide individual students as part of a community so they are confident and equipped to navigate their way in the future world of new jobs and ways of working.