Wintec’s Centre for Health and Social Practice is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Physiotherapy Academic to support the delivery of a new Bachelor of Physiotherapy and Bachelor of Physiotherapy(Honours) programme within New Zealand (Professor- Associate Professor- Senior Lecturer level equivalent)
If you value working collaboratively with others in a dynamic environment, and delivering education and research for community benefit, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Academic Teaching team of the new Physiotherapy programme.
About the role:
- This position will require extensive experience and knowledge of physiotherapy and inter professional practice, education and research
- As an academic expert you will work closely with the Head of Physiotherapy and Centre Director of the Centre of Health and Social Practice
- The Centre has a commitment to Te Tiritio Waitangi and we are looking for staff who will support the programme’s commitment to Māori success
- Our programmes are underpinned by an experiential approach to learning,which links work, education, and personal and professional development
- Importance is placed on ensuring our graduates are work-ready and well prepared to gain employment or enhance and extend employment opportunities
- You will be responsible for leading the day-to-day academic delivery including the development of physiotherapy teaching resources, and relevant research programmes
Not only will you keep abreast of the latest information and technology, you’ll create valuable opportunities for students and ensure the flexible delivery of the programme across the Midland region of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Are you the ideal candidate?
We are looking for people who are passionate about physiotherapy education and have the following:
Current Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand registration (or eligibility to register)
Minimum Master’s or Doctoral degree in subject related discipline/s
Minimum of three to five years teaching experience at a senior level at a tertiary institute
Understanding of culture, identity and learning in New Zealand
Significant and recent physiotherapy practice experience
Working at Wintec
Wintec continues to be one of the leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. You’ll be supported to stay industry connected, and have generous opportunities to develop your career through the professional development opportunities available to you. Join the Centre for Health and Social Practice and take the next exciting step in your career.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply now and accept a leadership challenge.
Please apply online at https://wintec.careercentre.net.nz/job/experienced-physiotherapy-academic/city-campus/4424
Wintec, one of New Zealand’s leading institutes of technology, helps drive the development of a skilled workforce not only in New Zealand, but around the world.
We believe in flexible working and we operate in a "fail-fast” “learn fast” environment where we navigate change together through communication, collaboration and understanding.
We nurture and guide individual students as part of a community so they are confident and equipped to navigate their way in the future world of new jobs and ways of working.
We encourage connectivity, creativity and collaboration, and we’re open to new ways of doing things.